Claims defensibility survey (CDS)
How resilient is your business to an HSE enforcement action? A claims defensibility survey (CDS) will stress test your risk management practices and illuminate strengths and weakness, the latter for improvement. It’s a tool that smart organisations are implementing to improve claims management and reduce exposure to claims is a claims defensibility survey.
Richard Taylor, Managing Director of Kudos, part of Partners&:
The HSE touches every business, regardless of size or sector, and with new sentencing guidelines beginning to bite, the size and frequency of fines are increasing. Taking proactive steps to find out what risk management gaps might exist in your business, might prevent HSE intervention. The last thing anyone needs is the experience of defending yourself or your colleagues against a HSE enforcement action. The next conversation you have with your insurance adviser really should be about a Claims Defensibility Survey.”
How a claims defensibility survey can help you.
A claims defensibility survey involves a comprehensive assessment of your business from
the inside out. It will:
• Identify the common claims brought against organisations in your sector
• Provide an overall picture of the risks that you face
• Enable you to proactively manage them in the future
• Assist in establishing a process aimed at eliminating or mitigating risks before they give
rise to an incident which may cause a claim
• Work in combination with other risk management strategies in place
From an insurance perspective, a claims defensibility survey
• Offers insurers the confidence that an organisation is aware of the risks and is actively
doing something about them
• Demonstrates the company’s positive attitude towards risk management
• Provides the insurer with a clear understanding of the risks faced.