Special buildings deserve special treatment – but that doesn’t mean higher insurance than for a standard property. Our expert advisers can help owners understand the detail and what’s expected of them in this niche area of the property market.
Why do you need specialist insurance?
There are nearly 500,000 listed buildings in England and their owners have a responsibility to protect them for future generations. In fact, knowingly under-insuring a Grade 1 listed building could involve legal action.
It’s important to work with an insurance adviser who will take time to assess the specific needs of your property and recommend an approach that will protect the building and your investment in it. And in the event of a claim, you’ll want sympathy and efficiency, not more hassle and red-tape
Specialist insurers provide excellent rates for listed and non-standard buildings, in recognition of the care taken by most owners. We work with a panel of specialist underwriters at premium insurers, and our expert team can guide you through the issues:
- Valuation: you buy a home for £500,000 – but how much should you insure it for?
- Insuring for reinstatement costs: this can be very different from market value – how much would specialist materials and craftsmen cost?
- Listing: the reasons for a listing will inform the sums to insure
- Specialist insurers: an exterior assessment won’t suffice
- Repairs and renovation: a non-specialist repair job could affect the market value.
- Extension and alteration: JCT Minor Works contract conditions
- Risk Management: historic buildings are particularly susceptible to fire and theft
- Contents: historic buildings may contain art, antiques and collections
- Documentation: valuations, historical records, insurance and repair paperwork to support claims
Taking short cuts when insuring a period or listed property is false economy. The issues are more complicated than for modern homes, and our expert team can guide you at every stage.
Who is this cover for?
Period property owners
Listed building owners
Clients with unusual property of non-standard constriction
We’re so glad we’ve gone with [Partners&] for our insurance. The customer service has been really prompt and professional.
They are an extremely professional company, with much knowledge. They are very easy to get quotes from and always get back promptly with a price. Whether it is insurance for your own house or a rented property they are always friendly, helpful & very efficient. They make getting your household, property & car insurance sorted out a very simple process. I cannot rate them highly enough… they give a personalised customer service.
Efficient, knowledgeable, professional service! What more could one ask for?
We’re here to help you ask the right questions, so that together, we can work out the best solution.
Talk to us about appraisals and our panel of recommended valuers.
We can advise on best-practice risk management measures to preserve the value of your property.
Talk to us about Contract Works insurance.
Talk to us about Trace & Access cover.