Only 15% of UK employers are NOT reliant on the NHS to treat at least some of their workforce. – HRD Pathfinder Club.
In this video we will be looking at the NHS waiting list and it’s potential impact on employee absence and by extension employee productivity too.
Key questions for employers to consider…
- Will employee absence damage your targets or income?
- Do you have a long-term sick pay budget?
- Do you have the budget to also employ temporary staff or locums?
- Can colleagues absorb the extra workload? – Will that reduce their productivity and/or wellbeing?
- Are suitable replacements actually available?
- Will employee absence damage internal/external client relationships?
- What practical support can you offer to accelerate an employee’s return to work?
Despite the apparent conflict between employee attraction and rentention and inflationary costs employers shouldn’t be disheartened – there remains cost-effective and in some case cost- neutral methods of managing these challenges with the right employee proposition programmes in place.
We recommend exploring your options with an adviser today. To understand more about the challenges facing employers and what businesses can be doing to mitigate the risks associated connect with one of our advisers today by phone +03300 940177, or by email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you already have a dedicated Partners& adviser, feel free to reach out directly and they will be more than happy to support you with any questions you might have.
Additional challenge insights:
Addressing employer challenges: Recruitment and retention
Addressing employer challenges: Cost of living