Big ideas for your home? Maybe you’re buying a ‘project’ property, considering a “super-basement”, barn conversion or self-build? Whatever your renovation or property project goals, we can work with you to provide a flexible and comprehensive solution.


Why do you need specialist insurance for your self-build & renovation projects?

Arranging insurance for a renovation can be complicated.  It’s important to get the right structure for your home & building property renovation insurance contracts so that the buck stops clearly with one insurer and you’re in control. Nobody wants a lengthy liability dispute putting a spanner in the works.

If you’re planning on building a home from scratch, it’s advisable to have self-build insurance in place. This specialist home insurance helps protect you and the home you’re building during the construction phase and is suitable for property built on an empty plot of land, or for houses that are going to be knocked down and completely rebuilt.

Protecting your home assets financially during a high-risk event like a renovation project is paramount. Often insurers will only offer fire cover, which won’t meet a lender’s requirements, leaving you with a limited choice of expensive insurance policies. Depending on the scope of your project, you may need to insure the existing structure as well as the works in progress – which means buying employer’s liability insurance if labour-only sub-contractors are being employed.

Plant hire firms will require you to insure hired-in machinery before they’ll release equipment. And the problem of arranging insurance for unoccupied properties pending and during renovation can be an issue for buyers trying to complete on a sale. Listed properties and barn conversions present their own unique challenges. Renovators require public liability insurance in case someone injures themselves on the property.

Our expert team have the in-depth knowledge of the technical details to help guide you through and support you with insurance advice at every stage of your home & building property renovation project.

Who needs self-build & renovation insurance?
  • Homeowners

  • Renovators

  • Period and listed building owners

  • Property investors

  • Barn conversions

  • Self-build projects

Quick Contact

Nick Luxton

Partner, Private Client Business Development

Email Nick

Thank you so much for dealing with this so quickly and efficiently. What a rare pleasure it is to come across someone who gets things done without any fuss!


Mr P

Private Client


May I just say what a pleasure it has been speaking to you and your team on the phone. They have been nothing short of polite and helpful and they also have a sense of humour!


Julie R

Private Client


We’re here to help you ask the right questions, so that together, we can work out the best solution.

Talk to us about the work you want to do – and about Contract Works insurance.


Talk to us about Unoccupied Property insurance.

Talk to us Existing Structure insurance.

Self-build home insurance can cover you, your chosen workers, your land, your materials and any damage to the home you’re building. Speak to us to find out more details and how we can help project your planned project.

Contact our team to discuss your needs.

We’d love to hear from you. Get in touch to discuss your personal insurance needs.