Riding School Insurance & Equestrian Yard

In a difficult market for riding school insurance, it is important you feel comfortable and fully secure in your choice of broker. Here at Partners& we work shoulder to shoulder with you to ensure you have the cover you need when you need it.

Riding School Act

Under its registration you must have Public Liability Insurance (Riding Establishment Act 1964). Although not compulsory, public liability Insurance is recommended for anybody running a livery yard.

Care of employees

If you have employees, unpaid volunteers or students on placement working at your premises then you should have employers’ liability insurance, which will enable you to meet the cost of damages and legal fees for employees who are injured or made ill at work through the fault of the employer

Care, Custody and Control

If you are providing part, full or working livery, you should seriously consider extending your cover to protect you from liability in the event that equipment operated but not owned by you is damaged.

Two people riding horses in a forest

Why do you need specialist equestrian insurance?

Any riding school or equestrian yard provides a unique experience for those who have a passion for horses, whether new or experienced riders. Whatever the level comes varied risks, and creating a safe environment for staff and clients is key.

Even with the best intentions and procedures in place accidents do happen and it is essential your riding school or equestrian yard has the correct insurance in place to protect your business.

As our commitment to you, we ensure we are fully aware of the legal requirements your riding school, livery yards and trekking centres, competition yards, dressage yards and all other associated activities need.

Who we support


Riding Schools and Stables

Dressage yards


Trekking centres

Livery yards

Racing yards

Usual types of cover

Working with our team you will be able to set up a policy which not only suits your personal preferences, but have the opportunity to choose from a variety of key covers including:

All stock, tools, and equipment used by the business can be covered for fire, storm damage, malicious damage and theft, or accidental damage.

situations that could stop you trading cause loss of profit following theft, fire and flood.

Public and Products Liability covers you for any claim made against you by a member of the public claiming they have been injured, or became ill while on your premises or due to one of your products.

Employers are responsible for the health and safety of their employees while they are at work. Your employees may be injured at work or they, or your former employees, may become ill as a result of their work while in your employment. They might try to claim compensation from you if they believe you are responsible.

Close up of brown horse's face

Meet the team

Mark Squire

Lead Client Adviser
Mark Squire

Mark Squire

Lead Client Adviser